Minimum order amount: 500 UAH
Quantity of SMD: multiples 100 pcs
When choosing universal lead diodes, these four points should be considered!
The choice of diodes usually starts with the following points:
- Select different types of diodes depending on the switching speed of the diode used.
- Select the current range of the diode according to the output current.
- Determine the reverse voltage of the diode by calculation to select the diode voltage.
- Fourth, choose the diode packaging according to the loss.
First of all, we know that there are several types of diodes:
- General purpose diode.
- Fast Recovery Diode
- Ultrafast recovery diode.
- Schottky diode.
Their advantages and disadvantages:
- The characteristics of conventional diodes are single-conductor, which is a diode created by the principle of contact of a P-type semiconductor and an N-type semiconductor forming a PN junction. Its reverse recovery time is relatively long, but the inrush current is relatively large and the reverse withstand voltage is large.
Commonly used in low frequency decoration such as AC input rectifier bridge.
- Fast recovery diode (FDR) is a kind of good switching performance and short reverse recovery time.
The internal structure of a fast recovery diode is different from that of a conventional PN junction diode. It belongs to the PIN diode, that is, the base region I is added between the P-type silicon material and the N-type silicon material to form a silicon PIN chip.
Since the base area is very thin and the reverse recovery charge is small, the reverse recovery time of the fast recovery diode is short. The reverse recovery time is usually 150ns to 500ns, the forward voltage drop is small, and the reverse breakdown voltage (withstand pressure value) is higher.
Mainly used in switching power supplies, PWM pulse width modulators, frequency converters and other electronic circuits, as high frequency rectifier diodes, flyback diodes or snubber diodes.
- Ultrafast Recovery Diode:
The ultra-fast recovery diode is a semiconductor diode with good switching characteristics and ultra-short reverse recovery time. It is commonly used for direct current, absorption, clamping, isolation, etc. For high frequency switching devices and inverter devices.
The advantage of the ultra-fast recovery diode is that the reverse recovery time is short, typically below 100 ns, it has a large current load and high impulse current resistance, low forward voltage drop and low reverse leakage current.
- Schottky Diode (SBD):
SBD is not created using the principle of forming a PN junction between a P-type semiconductor and an N-type semiconductor, but using the principle of a metal-semiconductor junction formed by a contact between a metal and a semiconductor. Therefore SBD is also called metal semiconductor (contact) diode or surface barrier diode.